Monday, April 22, 2013

Vintage Mousetrap Memo/Key Holder

Remember this little Vintage Mousetrap I found?


 

I had a little project in mind when I bought it. So I took this tray that I already had...


 then I punched out a scallop circle from a vintage sheet music cover, and added a #3 stamp...



 punched a hole on each side of the tray with a hammer and nail...


 glued the mousetrap and circle punch onto the tray (I just used a glue stick for the circle punch and E6000 for the mousetrap) then bent the end of the piece of wire into a hook...


added some twine for a hanger (I originally tried wire but didn't like the look of it)


and here is what I ended up with...





I'm linking with 

and 

5 comments:

  1. What a neat idea! Love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea and the creative use of the old mousetrap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever! I am not a fan of mice, but I must say that is the coolest trap I have ever seen. Great DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! That is adorable! You are very creative. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...